Sunday, March 23, 2008

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

The 1st time I saw this verse, I couldn't understand. I thought, God's burden should be a lot more than us. If we take his burden, we gonna die. After a few days analyzing this verse, I realise that, the yoke that he said, is the yoke that link us to Him.

When we link ourselves to Him, indirectly we know him more and hence we understand ourselves too. This actually help us to understand some burden that we are holding on to. Why we behave so and what should we do about it.

God was always there when we need him, it just the choice of whether we want to carry his yoke and let him guide us. He will lead us to salvation and through temptation.

No comments: